24 Reasons You Want to Belong to Canopy in 2024
Canopy Realtor® Association and Canopy MLS appreciate the opportunity to serve you, as a member and subscriber, and to support you throughout your real estate career. Your
membership is not just appreciated, but truly valued.
The 24 reasons listed below showcase how Canopy invests your annual dues and quarterly fees to help you build your business. We look forward to publishing an enriched 24 Reasons
Report in the new year.
We value your relationship and are committed to delivering optimal value for your financial investment.
Thank you in advance for making your annual Canopy Realtor® Association dues payment and your quarterly Canopy MLS Service and Supra Key fees payment on or before January 1.
- Members get the advantage of comprehensive education on local, state and national issues affecting the real estate industry, which empowers members to actively engage in advocacy for the betterment of the industry and public awareness.
- Canopy, along with its governmental affairs arm, the Real Estate & Building Industry Coalition (REBIC), provides member education on the significance of the NAR NC REALTORS® PAC and its importance to shaping the future of municipalities by
supporting candidates that champion the real estate industry at the local, state and federal level.
- Canopy works to elevate Professional Standards and the Code of Ethics through education, articles, Realtor® Hot Topics and podcasts.
- Canopy’s Risk Management team monitors and provides information on issues affecting the industry and membership.
- Canopy Real Estate Institute (CREI) provides the benefit of future-focused initiatives to expose students to real estate careers by partnering with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools and the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
- CREI is your one-stop location for education and professional development, launching and building real estate careers in person and through its virtual Canopy Campus.
- Realtor® Hot Topics and Broker-in-Charge Briefings cover issues impacting Realtors® and the industry and are often recorded for the benefit of all members to review.
- Canopy is proud of our history and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and Fair Housing providing education and resources to members and support to multicultural real estate industry partners.
- Canopy hosts member engagement events to help members connect with peers and leadership and to stay abreast of Association benefits, provide updates on industry news, and offer opportunities to cultivate relationships with industry affiliates.
- Canopy educates consumers through a proven multi-media Realtor® Value campaign focused on the value of using the services a Realtor® and the MLS to work in the consumer’s best interest.
- Canopy empowers members through its expanding campaign to embolden members to start using effective, free education on how to articulate your worth while providing insights into buyer considerations, agency dynamics and compensation.
- Members receive monthly support, through access to press releases, talking points and infographics, to build their confidence and influence as the local market expert.
- Canopy focuses on developing future leaders through the Leadership Academy and encouraging service on an Association, MLS or Foundation committee.
- Canopy continues to innovate to better serve and communicate with members and implement enhanced processes in Member Services including the ability to text members time-sensitive alerts.
- The Realtor® Store provides access to essential products in-store and online to help conduct business or further your real estate education at a member discount.
- Canopy offers more services to members by expanding its team of Notary Public Commissioners available at many convenient locations, free of charge.
- Canopy Housing Foundation, the charitable arm of the Canopy Realtor® Association, creates opportunity and impact through grants and programs in Mecklenburg, Iredell and Haywood Counties, and throughout the region with the Habitat Support Program.
- Membership with Canopy ensures a dedicated commitment from leadership and staff to support and enhance your business success.
- Canopy places a high priority on Realtor® safety and, in 2024, will offer FOREWARN, an application that gives agents the ability to safely verify prospects.
- Canopy MLS offers a robust portfolio of technology products and services that serve as an ecosystem for Realtors® to utilize to best meet the needs of their clients.
- Canopy continues to add products and services through the MLS to help members better assist clients; look forward to The Down Payment Assistance Program, Restb.ai and Rental Beast in the new year.
- Canopy offers free in-person or virtual training conducted by our Broker Relations team to ensure members are utilizing and maximizing our portfolio of Realtor® tools and resources.
- Canopy partners with other MLSs to increase the ability of members to access data from across state lines to increase referral opportunities: most recently through the creation of the Southeast MLS Alliance, a collaboration between Canopy MLS, Charleston Trident
Regional MLS, Georgia MLS in Atlanta, and Realtracs in Nashville, TN.
- Canopy advocates for the most efficient marketplace by making property information widely and transparently available, and provides education on cooperation and compensation in the MLS.
Don’t Delay. Renew Today. There is More to Come in 2024!